Alton is not seen as a safe community. If elected I will create a community engagement committee focusing on safety, crime prevention, and strategies to promote pride and trust in our law enforcement community.
This committee will be comprised of members of the civic, youth, law enforcement, education and faith communities.
I will work with our police chief to establish
- Leading the department with integrity and accountability
- Establishing 21st century Community policing strategies to improve the community and police relations
- Building a strong bridge between the minority community and the police department
- Prioritizing the recruitment of African Americans. Women and other minorities
- Establishing a true partnership and relationship with the residents of public housing